Hurricane Harvey Relief
- BakerRipley, the Houston community charity that is running the NRG Center shelter, is accepting monetary donations for the long-term recovery ahead.
- Houston Food Bank helps provide meals for hungry neighbors in emergencies and all year round.
- United Way of Greater Houston has set up a relief fund that people can donate to. The organization said its first priority is shelter and basic needs like food. The organization said it will also focus on long-term recovery efforts. It also said that it will absorb administrative costs, so 100 percent of every donation goes directly to relief.
- Holy Family Catholic Church at 2011 Briar Ln, Wharton, TX 77488 needs supplies for its shelter. They have about 200 people as of Wednesday and were in need of food.
- Pets affected by Hurricane Harvey are being taken in by animal shelters across Texas, including the SPCA of Texas, Austin Pets Alive and the San Antonio Humane Society. The Houston Humane Society is also available, with limited staff.